Buyer’s Services Buyer Training
A Guide to What the Buyer Generally Pays For To Purchase a Home in Alameda County, California.
- Title insurance policy premium for buyer and lender if there is a loan.
- Escrow fee.
- Notary fee.
- Property tax proration (from date of acquisition)... this figure is based on the purchase price and date of closing.
- Special delivery/courier fees if applicable.
- Document recording charges.
- Homeowners’ association transfer fee and pro rated dues where applicable.
- 50% of City Transfer Tax which averages $7.50 per $1,000 of purchase price: some cities are less.
- Home Warranty according to contract.
- Inspection fees according to contract (termite, roof, property, geological, etc.).
- Matters of record against the buyer (tax liens, judgements, etc.) and fees required to clear them.
- Fire insurance premium for first year. You must have this before closing.
- For a Farmers Insurance quote : Teresa Chan, Farmers Agent
- Assumption/change of record fee, for takeover of existing loan if applicable.
- Lender’s new loan charges:
- Interest on new loan from date of funding to 30 days prior to first payment date.
- Other prorations (rents’ insurance, etc.) as applicable.
- Additional requirements designated by City.